A Terramundi moneybox (basically the one you have to smash to release the coins), do you own one?
With the October deadline for pound coins fast approaching, those of you you who own this moneybox in the form of :
- wedding fund
- 18th birthday fund
- holiday fund
- driving lessons fund
(to name only a few) are going to have to break them to release the old £1 pound coins.
With this in mind, here at The Hanley Economic we have racked our brains in order to come up with something to make breaking that beautiful moneybox a lot more bearable.
Coming soon, if you bring in the contents of your money box and open an account with us, we’ll give you one of our exclusive Moorland moneyboxes to replace it.*
Our exclusive Moorland moneyboxes have been designed by Moorland Pottery themselves. It is a duck which is rather fitting, not only for the Potteries ‘up anley duck’ but also for defining the heritage of The Hanley Economic Building Society.
Fortunately, this one has a stopper so that you can fill it up and empty it as many times as you like! To get your hands on one of these limited edition money boxes, simply like our facebook post and comment with your name. Visit a branch and open your account, show your comment (either on your mobile phone or a print out) and we shall present you with your exclusive, shiny, new moneybox.
Please bear in mind that we have a limited number and this is a strictly first come, first served basis. Now let us leave you with this fact about piggybanks.
The pig is often a symbol of money. The origin of the ‘piggybank’ stems from the type of orange coloured clay called pygg. When people dropped their money into their clay jars, they dropped it into the pygg pot.
*Terms and conditions apply
Duck moneybox terms and conditions
- Like, comment on and share the relevant facebook post (before visiting the branch).
- Proof of name must be displayed to the branch assistant before opening your account in order to receive the duck moneybox.
- This can be shown on your mobile phone device, iPad or piece of paper (screenshot and print).
- A limit of one duck per member.
- Ducks will only be issued with new accounts opened that day.
- If you are an existing member and would like to open a new savings account then this qualifies you for a duck subject to condition 1.
- Ducks are limited and on a first come first served basis.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- Commenting on the facebook post does not reserve the moneybox, it will be on a first come, first served basis only.
- Moneyboxes cannot be transferred to other branches. Opening an account in the branch will use the moneybox allocation from that branch.
- We will not post moneyboxes, the member will take it with them on the day that the account is opened.
- The member must meet the terms and conditions of the account they wish to open.
- The Hanley Economic reserves the right to amend or withdraw this promotion at any time.