Welcome to Hanley’s Intermediary Mortgages
The information contained within this section of the website is for professional mortgage brokers only.
It is not for use by the General Public.
Lending in Scotland: Statement
As of Monday 19th November 2018, we are pleased to extend our mortgage products to Scottish applicants. From this date, we welcome applications on our Self-Build and standard Residential mortgage range (excluding RIO, Near Prime and Shared Ownership) for mainland Scotland. Applications on any of the Scottish Islands will be reviewed on a referral basis only. Please note, our Buy to Let mortgages, are not available in Scotland.
Welcome to Hanley Economic and thank you for considering us as a prospective Mortgage provider for your clients. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service combined with competitive mortgage products to our mortgage intermediaries and as a small, independent building society we have many benefits to offer you and your clients.
We accept mortgage business from Directly Authorised and Appointed Representatives of the following networks and mortgage clubs:
- Caerus Financial Limited
- Legal & General Mortgage Club
- Personal Touch
- Primis (AMF)
- Primis (FC)
- TenetConnect Limited
- TenetConnect Services Limited
- TenetLime Limited
- Paradigm Mortgage Services
We underwrite each case manually with no credit scoring and give you timely decision making which will result in a straight talking yes or no decision.
You will have direct contact with your case underwriter for personal service and we welcome your feedback.
The amount we will lend is based upon your client’s income and expenditure, with the income and expenditure cross referenced to bank statements and outgoings and may be sense checked against statistical data (ONS).
The stressed mortgage payment will be calculated by applying a stress rate of 6.00% to the monthly payment.
Online Application Process
With our online application process, you can produce a Key Facts Illustration which will contain a Decision in Principle Certificate and submit your client’s application giving you instant processing and submission. With the addition of facilities such as uploading documents and our messaging service you will be able to process and track the progress of your applications
Application Submission in just a few simple steps ….
- Please check our Criteria to ensure that your customer meets the requirements
- Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for any other information you may require
- Please ensure that you show your client a copy of our General Mortgage Information
- When using the online system please follow the instructions shown on the screens as you follow the application process. To obtain a Decision in Principle Certificate you will need first to produce a Key Facts Illustration, the DIP Certificate will automatically be attached to the KFI. After you have completed the application, we will require you to print page 18 of the application form (declaration) and ask your customer to sign the declaration form, this needs to be returned to us either by uploading it on the portal or posting it to us at the address shown below. We will also require the Direct Debit Mandate to be printed and signed by your clients and then posted to us, we cannot accept uploaded copies of the Direct Debit Mandate
- Hanley Economic Building Society
- Granville House
- Festival Park, Hanley
- Stoke On Trent
- ST1 5TB