We appreciate that when you lose someone, it can be a difficult time. We hope we can make this sensitive time a little easier with the support of our dedicated Bereavement Team.
The simple guide gives a brief outlook as to things you need to do first, as well as what the Society would need to close your loved ones accounts.
Initial things for you to do…
- Once you have the medical certificate given to you by the hospital, GP or coroner, you will need to make an appointment at the local Register Office to obtain the death certificate.
- Next, locate the Will of the account holder as this may be required
- Once you have both of the above, get in touch with our team who will help you with your loved ones’ Hanley Economic account/s.
What we will need…
- Death certificate for registration purposes
- Small estates if the balance in the passbook is below £15,000
- Grant of Probate if the balance in the passbook is above £15,000
- Identification from the executor(s)
Our Bereavement Team are trained to support you every step of the way and are there to answer any questions you may have.
Get in touch;
Call: 01782 255000 (Option 7)
Visit Us: You can also visit your local branch